Friday 6 September 2013

First Reflection


When I first knew about the work to be done, I felt  that now I going to be a practitioner of the new the radical evolution in learning. 
technologies available.  It allows me to arrive at an amazing conclusion and to reflect about

Creating a blog was the first activity which have to be done.  Though knowing that blog is  now available, I never created one.  In fact, I never thought I would be participating in a world wide forums where my views will be publish on the web through the use of blogs and micro blogs.

Together with creating blogs, Stephen Downes raised certain points to which I totally agree. The points raised were
  • Sharing of information world wide
  • Traditional ways have been replaced by posts, bookmaking and slideshows
  • Saving money through the use of open resources
The reflection about whether teaching is a vocation and profession has enabled me to reflect about noble art inside teachers who wants to share their knowledge to their students through interaction.

Desmond Tutu  nobel price winner and chancellor of the University of Western Cape (UWC) main issue was about 'Digital Freedom'.

He rightly said 'Freedom is an ongoing process and not an end to itself.'
I do believe that this is best to describe education nowadays whereby free , free and open resources are being used in the field of education  which will indeed change the world for the better as said by Desmond.

I do believe that this type of learning where open source and free software exist will be a benefit for each and everyone who wants to learn for a better world


No comments:

Post a Comment